A Community Grows — Cornell University Library
Jennifer Colt, User Experience Designer, Cornell University Library
Melissa Wallace, Web Designer, Cornell University Library
Mary Beth Martini-Lyons, Co-ordinator of Web Design, Cornell University Library
Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what make a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. -Vince Lombardi
Very little crossover between IT & libraries. Very linear processes…..
Old patterns don’t need to determine future behavior….
Robert Johnson, Manager of Information and Technology Services, Emma S. Clark Memorial Library and Suffolk County Library Association
Personal communication missing. No feedback… Perspective, too.
Reality check. Taking deep breath. Stopping and determining priorities.
- you are allowed to be wrong
- you are allowed to be right
- You should stand up and lead. If you can’t find a leader — it may be you.
- Recognize the skill set and talents of themselves and their colleagues. Bring in folks from other depts
- Display confidence and take responsibility for their decisions (right or wrong)
- Build an external network of people
- Are ready to take the idea or leadership somewhere else
Ellen Druda, Digital Coordinator, Internet Services, Half Hollow Hills Community Library
Lots of differences between IT staff and librarians (stereotyped, maybe, but there is some truth). We need to work together.
A novel idea! \ IT staff work info desk \ learning on both sides.Â #cildc via @dblduchess –@darnlibrarian